Stylish? Nope. Nothing about me qualifies.
But my friend Linda Dobson who authors the wonderfully useful site Parent at the Helm has bestowed the Stylish Blogger Award on me anyway. Maybe she’s decided that my endless quest for meaning counts as style. Thank you Linda, I’m surprised and grateful.
The “rules” that accompany this honor are to divulge seven things about myself, and then pay the Stylish Blogger Award forward to fifteen other blogs. Linda and I read some of the same blogs so to avoid overlap I’ll gladly bestow the award on other worthy winners.
Seven Random Things About Me List
1. I want to do everything. I tend to have trouble fitting my chosen everything into that container called my life.
2. I can find a positive angle just about anywhere. Sometimes I have to use my optimism-tuned crowbar.
3. My ideal breakfast involves lots of onions, homemade paneer, curry spices, and any vegetables that show themselves.
4. After a youth misspent being painfully polite I’m developing minimal impulse control. When my youngest offspring wondered what it would be like to frisbee a tortilla, I tossed it for him. We ended up flinging it up the stairs, at each other, and at his sister. (This is VERY fun.) The dog disciplined us by eating the tortilla.
5. Deep sighs activate the vagus nerve, making one feel calm and relaxed. I admit I should join Vagus Overusers Anonymous.
6. I’m still afraid of the dark. Actually, that there will be no more light.
7. Told too many times by too many formative people that I had so much potential, I began to see my Better Self taunting me from a far distance. I renounce that pressure. Hereby I rename that Better Self by the more apt initials, BS, and accept my own flawed and tender self.
Newest Stylish Blog Winners
From Skilled Hands
Now it’s your turn. Take a stroll through these blogs. Enjoy the the wealth of content and uniqueness of vision you find there. Now that’s stylin’.